Wednesday, July 2, 2014

White Chicken Lasgna

I am part Italian. 

Totally kidding. But I so love Italian food so I will claim to be. I am a mut, so  maybe there is some in my genes somewhere. 

1 pkg whole wheat no bake Lasgna noodles
2 cooked organic chicken breasts shredded (I used some leftover that was grilled)
1 32 oz container of ricotta cheese
2 free range eggs 
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 stick organic butter
2 fresh garlic cloves minced
2 1/2 cups milk (I used raw goats milk. You could use half and half)
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
1 pkg fresh baby spinach chopped
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese

1. Melt butter in sauce pan with garlic. Add milk and salt and bring to a boil. Watching carefully, so you don't scorch. Whisk in flour slowly till you reach a sauce like consistency. Depending on milk it may take more or less flour. 
2. Mix together ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs. 
3. Grease dish and spread just a little ricotta cheese mixture on the bottom. Then noodles, spinach, basil, mushrooms, chicken, and little 
mixture and drizzle with sauce. Repeat till all noodles are gone. Top with sauce and cover and bake at 350 till bubbly. Uncover and top with mozzarella cheese and bake additional 5-10 minutes till melted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment