Monday, June 30, 2014

Basil Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts

I love when my basil plants get big enough that I don't mind cutting a bunch of so off. Basil is by far my favorite summer herb.

Basil pesto gets made quite often around here. Mix 1 1/2 cups of fresh basil. 2 fresh garlic cloves. 3 tbsp pine nuts. 1/4 cup olive oil and Himalayan salt and pepper to taste in a food processor. I don't add cheese to mine because I like to freeze individual servings... and cheese does not do well frozen.

Basil Pesto and Ricotta Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Pound free range chicken breast with a meat mallet. Stuff with ricotta (or cream cheese or mix of both) with about 1/2 tbsp basil pesto. Fold together with tooth picks and brush with olive oil mixed with Himalayan salt, dried basil and dried oregano. Grill or bake.

(Served on top of zucchini noodles sautéed with a little more basil pesto and fresh bruschetta.)

No comments:

Post a Comment