Friday, June 27, 2014

Garden Veggie Bake


I seriously love cooking this time of year with the abundance of fresh fruit and veggies! When you grow it. Then cook it. Then eat it. It makes my heart overflow. (Or even purchase it from local growers who have put their hearts into their ...crop)

This is the perfect dish to make from a garden. Mix it up with different veggies like eggplant or potatoes.

I like to pick my squash and zucchini, squash and cucumber before they get to large. To me. They have the best flavor when not overly large. Just saying this in case you wonder when I post 1 zucchini or 1 squash. You can imagine the size.

Garden Veggie Bake

4 tomatoes (if you have different varieties I like to mix them)
1 sweet onion
2 fresh garlic cloves
2 zucchini (about 2 cups sliced)
2 yellow squash (about 2 cups sliced)
2 yellow zucchini (about 2 cups sliced)
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fresh chopped oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
Himalayan salt to taste

1. Slice onion and finely chop garlic. Sauté in olive oil till tender.
2. Slice all veggies. Layer greased baking dish with squashes, topping with salted tomatoes and onion and garlic. Sprinkle oregano on top of each layer. Do this till all veggies are gone ending with tomatoes and onions.
3. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. Last 10-15 minutes top with parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment