Friday, June 27, 2014

Four Cheese Tomato Pie


Tomato a pie is pretty much the yin to my yang. I can make a whole meal out of a pie. Seems that every pie I make is slightly different. And every pie I make, I swear is more delicious as the summer goes on and tomatoes become more ripe.
...
Four Cheese Tomato Pie

4-5 ripe tomatoes sliced and patted dry and slightly salted (I like to peel them but sometimes get lazy)
1/4 cup ricotta cheese
2 tbsp organic cream cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/2 sweet onion thinly sliced
2 fresh garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp fresh oregano
2 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp olive oil
Himalayan salt
Pie crust of choice (this was a homemade whole wheat one. Will share recipe. Yummy and easy)

1. Cook pie crust slightly before layering in ingredients. I like to cook for about 10 minutes.
2. Mix ricotta, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Spread on crust. (This helps not get crust soggy from tomatoes)
3. Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil till tender.
4. Layer salted tomatoes on top on cheese mix. Sprinkling oregano and basil between tomatoes.
5. Top tomatoes with onion and garlic.
6. Bake at 350 for about 30-40 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese last 10 minutes of baking

No comments:

Post a Comment