Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Mexican Pork Butt

Never. I mean NEVER. Allow your husband to go to Costco by himself. He will come home with enough meat to feed a family of 115. Which I did by the way meet someone the other day who had 115 grandchildren. Not including great. I haven't been... able to quit thinking about it. He was Amish. But that is beside the point.

After he smoked about 10 pork butts, I have had to make other things with the meat. Tonight's was Mexican Pork. I put in a crock pot and heated on low with homemade taco seasoning and homemade salsa with water. We made quesadillas, tacos and I had a salad.

Lots of purple cabbage in my produce box. Sliced it very thin. Topped with pork, avocado, black beans with corn, sweet peppers, cilantro, homemade salsa, plain organic Greek yogurt and some honey lime dressing (3 tbsp olive oil, juice of one lime, 1 tbsp local honey and Himalayan salt).
See More



No comments:

Post a Comment