Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Chicken Broth

So if you made the soup......save the caucus. Or if you roast one or whatever. Throw it in a crock pot filled with water. Cook on high for about 6-8 hours. (Or overnight). I sometimes get fancy and add onions or carrots or celery. This time was basic and basically just bones, leftover herbs, and some Himalayan salt. I never get all the meat off the chicken. Most. But not all. And totally don't want to waste.
If your like me, I use lots of chicken broth, this is not only cost effective, (I always buy whole free range chickens when on sale and freeze for later. So this one was about $6. I think I have gotten my money's worth) but once again healthier than store bought or granules. And come on. SUPER SIMPLE!!!
I had about 3 quarts with this chicken. Stores in fridge. Or freeze in one cup servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment