Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Carmel Sauce


I am usually not a huge carmel fan. I like it mixed with other things but not just carmel.

This I could drink.

We had baked apples with dinner so in a desperate need of a sweet, I topped plain organic Greek yogurt with the baked apples ...and drizzled the hot carmel sauce on top. It was amazing.

The possibilities are endless to what can be topped with this deliciousness. And not mention how much better than the store bought. My mouth waters thinking about a fresh honey crisp apple dipped in this.

Carmel Sauce

1 cup organic cane sugar
1/4 cup water
1 stick organic butter
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup organic whipping cream

1. Bring sugar and water to a boil. Careful not to burn but till edges are a light brown color and it looks crystal like.
2. Add butter and vanilla and again bring to a boil. Mix well. And allow to boil till slightly reduced.
3. Add whipping cream and boil again.

No comments:

Post a Comment