Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate Rice Krispie Treats

Did you ever eat these as a child? We did. And they are as good as I remember. (And I don't even care for peanut butter and chocolate concoctions.)

I cleaned up my own version. My children were in heaven and I made myself sick. I will be passing on ALL Halloween candy in leu of these. You should too!!


1/2 cup ALL NATURAL (NO sugar added) peanut butter
3 tbsp organic butter
1/4 cup local honey
3 cups rice cereal
3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Melt butter, honey and peanut butter. Stir in cereal. Pour in a 8 x 8 greased baking dish (I greased with butter)
With parchment paper, press down on cereal to flatten. Chill.

Melt chocolate with vanilla and oil. Pour onto chilled cereal. Place in fridge to chill longer to cool chocolate before cutting into squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment